Looking for a great spot to watch the sunrise on Siargao? Check out this guide to the Palm Tree Lookout Siargao– a beautiful field of coconut palm trees from an easy-to-get-to viewpoint.
Siargao is the epitome of tropical vibes. Here, you’ll find epic surf spots, awesome jungle caves, rock pools, and coconut palm trees as far as the eye can see.
In this guide, I’ll outline everything you need to know about the Palm Tree Lookout on Siargao. This is one of my favorite viewpoints on the island and definitely one you’ll want to check out for sunrise!
Featured in: Siargao Island Travel Guide
How to Get To the Palm Tree Lookout on Siargao
There are two options for getting to the palm tree lookout on Siargao. Below I've summarized both.
Option 1: Siargao Land Tour
If you're short on time, or if you want to explore a bunch of different highlights on Siargao in a single day, then a good bet is to book the Siargao Land Tour. This is the most popular tour on the island and covers a few must-do activities including:
Option 2: Independent
For the independent explorers, rent a bike in General Luna for between 250-350 pesos per day. This is how I explored much of Siargao during my visits.
Getting to the palm tree lookout on Siargao is easy and the roads on this stretch from General Luna are well-maintained. The easiest way to get here is to simply plug in the coordinates in the map below.
Want Affordable Travel Insurance for the Philippines?
Safeguard yourself from unforeseen travel mishaps like accidents, cancellations, delays, and loss of your personal items. HeyMondo offers peace of mind travel insurance for the Philippines at super affordable rates and has an excellent, easy-to-use app to manage claims.
Tip: We Seek Travel readers get 5% OFF
I'm Olly, a full-time traveler for the past 5 years. I visit every destination I write about & handpick all recommendations.
Where is the Palm Tree Lookout on Siargao
You'll find the palm tree lookout just 20 minutes out of the main tourist hub of General Luna. It's found just before the famous palm tree road just a bit further on.
Below is the exact location pinned on a map to make it easy to find.
Google Maps Pin: "Coconut Trees View Deck"
What to Expect at the Palm Tree Lookout Siargao
You'll know immediately when you arrive at the coconut palm tree viewpoint. You'll see a wide, cleared area to the right beside the hill where you can pull over and admire the view. There are large concrete blocks here acting as a barrier, blocking the steep drop down to the palm tree field below.
Of course, you'll expect to see a lot of coconut palm trees here. I believe it's a coconut farm, with rows of trees planted in a beautiful pattern. I visited this spot quite a few times when exploring the island and always made a quick stop.
If you visit early, you might get lucky and see a rolling sea of mist in the palm tree field. The early morning sun also reflects beautifully off the tropical palms. In the distance, you'll see large hills covered with more tropical plants.
Tips for Taking a Great Photo at the Palm Tree Lookout
Below are some quick tips for snapping a great photo at the Siargao Palm Tree Lookout.
- Visit early. This way, you'll get the best light and you might be lucky enough to have the spot all to yourself. Also, the viewpoint is just off the main road, which gets a bit of traffic later on in the day.
- Bring a drone if you have one. This is a great spot for droning as you can probably expect.
- Try a tight shot. If you've got a longer zoom lens, try for a tight crop of the canopy and mountains in the distance.
More Things to do Nearby
The Siargao Palm Tree Lookout is actually a convenient stop-over on the way to many other attractions on the island. There is so much to do here. Below is a quick itinerary for how to spend a great day exploring Siargao from General Luna.
- Sunrise: Palm Tree Lookout
- Golden Hour: Palm Tree Road
- Day: Magpupungko Rock Pools or Tayangban Caves
- Afternoon: Taktak Waterfall & Pacifico Beach
- Late afternoon: Bent Palm Tree Swing
- Evening: Unwind at General Luna
Where to Stay on Siargao
When planning accommodation on Siargao, you'll want to know that the main tourist hub is called General Luna. Here, there is solid tourism infrastructure like hotels, resorts, guest houses, restaurants, clubs, bars and tour offices. Below are my favorite picks for where to stay.
Tip: I've written a comprehensive Siargao accommodation guide as well which goes into a lot more detail on places to stay, don't miss it!
- Luxury Villas: Las Palmas Villas and Casitas Siargao - every popular luxury villas located within 100 meters from the beach. Includes swimming pool, bar, and tropical gardens.
- Luxury Resort: Kalipay Resort - the best tropical suites in Siargao, located in an excellent central location that is quiet at night but still very close to everything you need.
- Mid-range beach house: Surfing Carabao Beach Houses - beachfront tropical huts on Malinao beach with air conditioning and an awesome surf vibe.
- Hostel With a Vibe: Ilakai Hostel - the best hostel in General Luna with very impressive reviews.
More Siargao Travel Guides and Adventures
And that's a wrap for this quick guide to visiting the Palm Tree Lookout Siargao. I hope you get to enjoy an epic sunrise at this spot on your visit to the island.
While you're here, make sure to check out some of my other travel guides and blog posts from the Philippines below. I'm sure you'll find something new!