An up-to-date accommodation guide to the best Praslin hotels, luxury beach resorts and self-catering villas for where to stay on a trip to the Seychelles.
Planning a trip to the relaxing Seychelles island of Praslin and wondering where to stay? Here’s an up-to-date travel guide featuring the best Praslin hotels, lodges, luxury resorts, and self catering, semi-budget options.
I’ve formulated this Praslin accommodation guide to provide you with the most reliable and comprehensive resource to Praslin Island hotels and resorts you’ll find online. Here, you’ll find 10 recommendations including the 4 best luxury picks, 3 best mid-range hotels and 3 self-catering accommodations.
I’ve also included a run-down on the island including the best places to stay, tips on booking, and a comparison for hotels for every budget.
- The Quick Answer: The Best Places to Stay on Praslin
- The Best Area to Stay on Praslin Island
- Summary of the Best Hotels & Resorts On Praslin
- Where to Stay: Best Praslin Hotels & Resorts
- More Islands to Visit After Praslin
The Quick Answer: The Best Places to Stay on Praslin
Praslin is the second largest of the inner islands and flaunts some incredible hotels and resorts. Being a little sleepier than Mahe, Praslin caters to the more relaxed crowd.
The main area to stay in Praslin is along Cote D'Or Beach. This is the main tourist strip with plenty of hotels and beachside resorts. However, there are also great resorts and accommodation options all over Praslin, including near the famous Anse Lazio.
- Amazing Beachside Resort on Cote D'Or: Acajou Beach Resort - Acajou is a beautiful resort offering 4-star accommodation right on the doorstep of the white sands of Cote D'Or. I had the pleasure of staying here and honestly, it was one of the best resorts I've ever stayed at. Acajou offers ocean views rooms, a swimming pool, and some of the best fine dining on the island.
- Luxury Honeymoon Suites: Constance Lemuria - Tucked away between 3 of the best beaches on Praslin, this luxury, 5-star resort is ranked as one of the best honeymoon resorts in the Seychelles. Attached is a luxury spa center complete with a hot tub and sauna set in a palm and bamboo forest.
- Budget Self Catering: Treasure Island Retreat - Those looking to enjoy nature and save a few pennies on accommodation and food, opting for a self-catering stay on Praslin is a good bet. The best one you'll find on the island is Treasure Island Retreat. This hotel offers seafront apartments on Anse Kerlan, each complete with king-sized beds and a fully-equipped kitchen, and a furnished terrace or balcony.
The Best Area to Stay on Praslin Island
While significantly larger than its quieter neighbor La Digue, Praslin Island is still a very laid-back, relaxed island without the traffic and party scenes you'll find on Mahé. However, there is still very solid tourism infrastructure including restaurants, resorts, hotels and transport services.
The most popular area to stay on Praslin is along Cote D'Or Beach (Anse Volbert). This is a resort and hotel strip with many luxury beachfront accommodation options and excellent restaurants. However, the truth is that there are many places to stay on Praslin beyond Cot D'Or.
If you'd prefer to stay near the famous Anse Lazio, there are a couple of great accommodation choices on the northern tip.
Since Praslin has an island airport, many people choose to fly here from Mahe. Consequently, there are a few great Praslin hotels and resorts near the airport on the east coast on Grand Anse.
Below are a few more great areas to stay on Praslin.
- Anse Takamaka
- Grand Anse
- Anse Kerlan
- Chauve Souris Island
- Baie Ste Anne (near the ferry terminal)
Summary of the Best Hotels & Resorts On Praslin
Below is a summary of all the best Praslin hotels & resorts listed in this article. I've included three categories based on various budgets in order to ensure this is a great resource for everybody.
If you’re in a rush to choose the best Praslin hotel for your Seychelles vacation, you can go straight to the booking page by clicking the link in the table.
Prices below are listed in USD per night but on Booking.com you can book using your local currency without conversion costs.
Praslin Luxury Resorts
|Raffles Seychelles||Anse Takamaka||$$$$|
|Constance Lemuria||Petite Anse Kerlan||$$$$|
|Chauve Souris Relais||Chauve Souris Island||$$$|
|Acajou Beach Resort||Cote D'Or||$$$|
Best Praslin Beach Hotels
|Paradise Sun Hotel Seychelles||Cote D'Or||$$$$|
|Hotel L'Archipel||Anse Gouvernement||$$$$|
|Castello Beach Hotel||Anse Kerlan||$$$|
Praslin Guest Houses or Self catering
Where to Stay: Best Praslin Hotels & Resorts
Let's dive straight into this detailed comparison of the best hotels on Praslin Island.
These recommendations include 10 places to stay on Praslin, which is made up of the 4 best luxury resorts, 3 best mid-range beach hotels, and 3 best Praslin guest houses and self-catering picks.
Keep in mind, in the Seychelles, most hotels and resorts have specific terms that refer to their meal offerings. This includes:
- Free breakfast: breakfast only (buffet or al a carte)
- Half board: breakfast and dinner included
- Full board: breakfast, lunch, and dinner included
- All-inclusive: All meals and drinks included
4 Best Praslin Luxury Resorts
- Area: Anse Takamaka
- Best for: Couples and young families wanting to have close access to beautiful beaches
Raffles Seychelles is an incredible beachside resort on Praslin located on the scenic Anse Takamaka. This amazing resort hotel features suites with a private plunge pool, six restaurants, and it's very own salon and kids club. This is a great place to stay on Praslin for moms who want to get their hair done while the kids play!
The views on offer at this amazing Praslin hotel are unbeatable! It also has some of the best reviews on the internet for luxury places to stay on Praslin
- Area: Petite Anse Kerlan
- Best for: Perfect for couples who want to immerse themselves in the Seychelles culture
Tucked away between 3 of the best beaches on Praslin, this luxury, 5-star resort is ranked as one of the best honeymoon resorts in the Seychelles. Attached is a luxury spa center complete with a hot tub and sauna set in a palm and bamboo forest. There’s even an 18-hole golf course on this property!
What's great about Constance Lemuria is it provides access to Anse Georgette, one of the most famous and beautiful beaches on Praslin!
- Area: Chauve Souris Island
- Best for: For adults only who want to experience a private island resort
This next resort isn't technically on Praslin, but just off its shores opposite Anse Volbert Village (Cot D'Or beach) on the private Chauve Souris Island. This is an adults-only resort featuring amazing rooms with complete privacy overlooking the Indian Ocean.
If you're planning your honeymoon and wondering where to stay on Praslin Island, Chauve Souris Relais is going to be one of the most amazing options. Imagine jumping into the beautiful turquoise water and snorkeling right off your hotel doorstep! Black Parrots are even known to fly over this island on occasion!
- Area: Cot D'Or beach
- Best for: Amazing beach-side luxury resort with an excellent restaurant without the price tag
Acajou is a beautiful resort offering 4-star accommodation right on the doorstep of the white sands of Cote D’Or. I had the pleasure of staying here and honestly, it was one of the best resorts I’ve ever stayed at. Acajou offers Indian Ocean view rooms, a swimming pool, and some of the best fine dining on the island.
3 Best Praslin Beach Hotels
- Area: Cot D'Or (Anse Volbert)
- Best for: Excellent for couples wanting to participate in activities or spa together
Looking for an amazing 4-star Praslin beach hotel on Dot'Dor? Make sure to check out Paradise Sun Hotel. This resort hotel features a daily buffet with live music and dance and has an amazing spa running massage, yoga, and facials.
Paradise Sun Hotel has one of the largest swimming pools on Praslin, which sits below beautiful coconut palm trees on the edge of the ocean.
The team at this Praslin hotel can also arrange a variety of indoor and outdoor activities, including cooking classes and even volleyball!
- Area: Anse Gouvernement
- Best for: Couples wanting to escape to paradise with incredible snorkeling
Another excellent Praslin beach hotel is the Hotel L'Archipel situated on the incredible Anse Gouvernement. This stunning accommodation overlooks the beautiful Curieuse Island National Park and features a huge swimming pool with beach-front water access.
There are two restaurants at this Praslin Island hotel, and the complex is designed so that every single room has either a view over the ocean or the surrounding garden landscape. This is an excellent choice for where to stay on Praslin for couples wanting to unwind and relax in a secluded area of the island on a beachfront.
- Area: Anse Kerlan
- Best for: Perfect for families wanting a tropical getaway experience
Catello Beach Hotel is known for its excellent location on Anse Kerlan. There's a large pool at this hotel, with rooms overlooking the ocean. Furthermore, parents will love the children's playhouse where staff arranges activities daily. If you're looking to relax, there are great facilities including a massage pavilion and beach seating with hammocks reserved for patrons and guests of this Praslin beach hotel.
For those looking to explore the island, there are also bike rentals included. Additionally, there are a bunch of great restaurants and bars located close by.
3 Best Praslin Guest Houses and Self-catering Accommodation
- Area: Cot D'Or Beach (Anse Volbert Village)
- Best for: Couples or singles wanting a private villa with self-catering experience overlooking the ocean with incredible views and access to a private beach.
For those interested in complete privacy in their very own self-catered villa, Le Duc Hillview Villas is going to be your best bet on the island. This is an amazing villa situated on a hill overlooking the ocean. There's a private beach just below, with a gym facility and a private pool. Additionally, the villa has a kitchen and even a hot tub to enjoy the view from and sip cocktails.
This villa provides excellent means and a buffet breakfast. Guests especially loved that upon entry they were treated with a welcome cocktail!
- Area: Anse Kerlan
- Best for: Those wanting to enjoy nature and explore the island without breaking the bank
What's great about this island is that independent travelers and those who are budget conscious can also find great places to stay on Praslin.
For those looking to enjoy nature and save a few pennies on accommodation and food, opting for a self-catering stay on Praslin is a good bet. The best one you’ll find on the island is Treasure Island Retreat. This Praslin self-catering hotel offers seafront apartments on Anse Kerlan, each complete with king-sized beds and a fully-equipped kitchen, and a furnished terrace or balcony.
Treasure Island Retreat is the answer for where to stay on Praslin on a budget!
- Area: Baie Sainte Anne
- Best for: Self catering experience for families and couples with direct beach access
Les Villas D'Or is located on the south end of Cot D'or beach close to the beautiful Baie Sainte Anne, which is where you'l find the ferry terminal. This is a great location if you want to explore the nearby islands of the Seychelles or the interior of Praslin with a direct road to the UNESCO World Heritage site of Vallée de Mai.
Les Villas D'Or offers bungalow-style, self-catering rooms with a pool. This is a very popular self-catering Praslin beach hotel for families with kids and is serviced daily with breakfast!
More Islands to Visit After Praslin
I hope that you've enjoyed this comprehensive where to stay guide to the best Praslin beach hotels, resorts, and self-catering villas.
The Ultimate Seychelles Travel Resource
Looking for more Seychelles travel guides and inspiration? Below are my most comprehensive guides that will serve as a great resource for your trip.
While you're here on my blog, make sure to check out some of my other guides to the Seychelles. I've written comprehensive accommodation guides to La Digue and Mahé, as well as many great resources for things to do from visiting Source D'Argent Beach to hiking to Anse Major!